This is a great summer night recipe. Easy to make the 10 servings and freeze the burgers. For a more healthy recipe leave out the bun, and just have with your vege’s. For a fun twist, add 4 ounces of blue cheese. My husband loves this!
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 large egg yolks (I always buy free range organic eggs)
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 1/2 pounds lean ground beef (we use grass fed 85% lean beef)
10 whole-grain buns (we use gluten free)
Makes 10 servings
1. Whisk together mustard, onion, garlic, egg yolks, and cayenne in a large bowl.
2. Add beef and stir until combined.
3. Form mixture into 10 patties, about 3/4″ thick.
4. For my lovely husband, here are the blue cheese ones
5. Lightly oil a grill or grill pan and heat to medium-high. Cook burgers 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Lightly grilled buns.
Place in cling wrap first. Then put in air tight bag.
Per serving (without bun):
10 g fat (3.5 g sat)
2 g carbohydrate
29 g protein
0 g fiber
320 mg sodium
Per serving (with bun):
12 g fat (4 g sat)
24 g carbohydrate
33 g protein
3 g fiber
520 mg sodium
Recipe from Southbeach Diet