I have been asked by several people what I snack on, here is a quick reference list. However, before you snack, alway ask yourself if you are hungry first. Most the time you are dehydrated and need to drink a glass of water. If you drink a glass of water and still feel hungry proceed.
1) almonds or any kind of nuts
2) Kind Bar. Check the sugar amount, and opt to have a half instead of a whole one.
3) yogurt with berries. I use the frozen variety, then you feel like you are having dessert 🙂 sometimes with a scoop of peanut butter. In our house, we call this the peanut butter surprise.
4) Chia Seeds in Juice. This is extremely filling and can last a few hours until your next meal.
5) Protein Shake-Opt for Whey Isolate
6) Green Juice – choose your greens (romaine, Spinach, kale), add a lemon, cucumber, and 1 inch of ginger root. (I also add an inch of turmeric root). Throw in some flax seed for those omega 3’s.
7) Piece of fruit
8) any kind of vegetables. My favorite is a handful of spinach 🙂
10) My favorite: Kombucha
11) Hard boiled egg (pasture raised of course)
12) frozen grapes
13) Nori Sheets
14) Two moms in the raw bar (there is two servings in 1 bar)