Cheesy (Minus the Cheese) Chicken Broccoli Bake
I totally fooled my husband! I must admit, this was a fun one. My husband usually just eats whatever is served, compliments my food, and doesn’t ask any questions. Yesterday, after eating a bowl, having seconds, Erik asked what kind of cheese was in the bake. When I responded that there wasn’t any, he was shocked! He thought there was cheddar! I’ve been doing a lot of reading about Nutritional Yeast. This is a super healthy ingredient used by many vegans, as a substitute for cheese. “It is a source of protein and vitamins, especially the B-complex vitamins, and is a complete protein. It is also naturally low in fat and sodium and is free of sugar, dairy, and gluten.” (Source Wikipedia). It’s nutty, creamy and cheesy flavor is delicious. I can’t wait to find other uses for it.
2 Chicken Breast
2 broccollini bundles
1/2 lb of green beans
1 cup of nut milk (Almond Milk is my favorite)
1 cup of nutritional yeast
2 teaspoons of garlic salt
1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
Preheat your oven to 350.
1) Boil chicken in water or chicken broth for about 30 minutes until done
2) Wash and chop all your veges.
3) Steam the broccollini and green beans for a few minutes until soft about 5 minutes
4) saute onion, and mushrooms with some coconut oil until cooked about 5 mins
5) throw cooked veges in your baking dish
6) Blend all ingredients for the sauce in the blender
7) cut up chicken into small pieces, and throw on top of the vegetables.
8) Pour sauce over the top and put in oven for 30 minutes.