Green Eggs Breakfast Sandwich
2 Organic Eggs
1/2 cup Spinach
Sprouted Grain English Muffin
Slice of Cheese (I only added this because I’m pregnant and needed calcium)
Mustard or organic butter
1) Defrost and toast the english muffin. Erik likes Dijon mustard on his, I put a little bit of organic butter.
2) chop your spinach and parsley and Mix in a bowl with your two eggs
3. Pan fry. I cover and fry for about 5-10 minutes until fully cooked.
4. I added cheese to mine, for more flavor, but for a healthy alternative leave this off.
5. Spread green eggs on muffin and enjoy!
Homemade Panko Chicken Nuggets
I was looking for a healthy recipe that felt like I was being bad. I starting making these a couple years ago, and my husband absolutely loves them! I threw them on a salad, but you could do whichever sides you want.
2 slices of chicken breast
2 large eggs
Almond Meal/Flour (You can use regular flour, but we use almond flour in our house for a healthy alternative)
Salt/pepper/spices of choice (I use garlic powder, oregano and paprika)
Coconut Oil for pan frying
1. Prepare three shallow bowls: One with just eggs scrambled, One with Almond Flour along with spices, and the third with Panko breadcrumbs.
2. Take your chicken breast and slice into thin slices. You can also pound the chicken if the pieces are too thick.
3. Dip each piece in the flour first, then in egg mixture, and finish with coating in the breadcrumb mix. Repeat with all the chicken strips.
4. Heat pan with coconut oil, and cook chicken slices for about 5 minutes each side. You can also bake them for 12-15 minutes at 350.